- About 93% of the eggplant and cent percent of the tomato and chilli samples were contaminated with pesticide residues.
- The concentration of pesticides such as triazophos, omethoate, chlorpyrifos and carbendazim in some vegetable samples exceeded the EU MRLs.
- Up to 7 different pesticides were detected in individual sample.
- Potential health risks was due to chlorpyrifos and triazophos residues in tomato.
- The vegetable samples from IPM fields had lower concentration of pesticides, indicating that the IPM technique would reduce the pesticides contamination and associated health risks.
Full article: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2019.03.002