- Farmers overuse and misuse chemical pesticides in vegetable farming.
- Safety behaviour of farmers and retailers while handling pesticides is poor.
- Although retailers perceived higher pesticides threat than farmers, both are exposed to higher risks of pesticides exposure.
- Farmers used largest amounts of pesticides on eggplant, chilli and tomato.
- Education and training related to safe use of pesticides including safety behaviour is needed.
Full article: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.03.144